Tuesday 13 March 2012

Bikram Yoga

I know, I know. I have been incredibly bad at writing blogs. Works been crazy busy for what seems like a month and also I haven't really purchased that much recently. What I have been going crazy for for the last 2 weeks is Bikram Yoga. I've wanted to try it for months but for one reason and another I just haven't had a chance to get round to it. So the other week I finally mustered up the courage to go find the local yoga studio and oh my god! I have never sweated so much in my life.

Bikram yoga is 26 poses in a 45 degree heated room. Which basically means a sweat fest! The idea is that the heat allows you to be more supple and also burn more calories. I have been really enjoying it although I am finding it incredibly hard to make sure that I am drinking enough water to make sure I don't suffer from headaches and water retention. I think it takes your body a little while to adjust to the temperature and the stretches. I am determined to keep it up as I would love to lose the 10lbs that have gradually crept up in the past year or so. I know its not the cheapest form of exercise at around £10 per session but I think most studios do offer deals to make it more affordable. The place I have been going to offers 10 days of as many sessions as you wish for £20 and tomorrow will be my 5th session so I have definitely got my moneys worth. Once I return from England in April I think I will pay for unlimited classes as I do like to try and go as much as possible. It is actually quite relaxing ....after a while!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments :)