Monday 16 January 2012

Loving Bath and Body works

I haven't written a post for a while and mainly due to the fact I haven't done a shop, other than to my locals spinneys (food shop). But since being in the UAE I have fallen in love with bath and body works. They have such amazing products and always have great deals on. After Christmas most of their stock was half price which is soooo tempting!

I bought a large 3wick Frosted cupcake candle, which no longer seems to be on their website, but is so sickly sweet but I love it. The larger candle seems to be lasting quite well, so far. Also I bought this Twilight woods candle. It's quite an understated smell but lush all the same. Twilight Woods™ 14.5 oz. Filled Candle - Signature Collection - Bath & Body Works
They have this scent in lots of products including body lotions, shower gels, scents and wall flowers.
Wallflowers are a new contraption that I've only been using the last year. They are basically a wall plug in and you can change the scents. White Nightlight Wallflowers® Pluggable Home Fragrance Starter - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
This is the wall plug in and you just screw in your desired scent underneath, They come in lots of different designs and colours.

Jungle Flower White Wallflowers® Pluggable Home Fragrance Starter - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works
I like this one, quite funky and reminds me of a Marc Jacobs bottle.

I went a little crazy in this store at Christmas as they had such amazing deals, including buying these shea butter lounge socks for both my mum and auntie. They have shea butter infused into the socks which can be washed up to 40 times before they lose their sheaness.

Red Stripe Mistle-toes Shea Infused Lounge Socks - Bath & Body Works   - Bath & Body Works
These are now in the sale and are half price.

Here is the link to their great sale page Amazing Sale page!!!

Sorry if this post is a bit disjointed. Its basically a ramble about the greatness of bath and body!
I'd love to have a yankee candle but they are very hard to find over here, not sure why! We're quite lucky as we have a great mixture of American and British brands.

If I could get my little hands on a Yankee candle it would definitely be the vanilla cupcake ! I know at Christmas they did Christmas cookie and Christmas cupcake which are deadly sweet and beautiful but I didn't really want to bring a christmas candle back with me. Whilst seeing a friend over Christmas I saw that they had 2 of these beauts burning in their house. Now this friend is the cause for my desire to have vanilla scented candles around me as it reminds me of this particular person and I always thought how nice it was to have the same scent burning throughout the house.

Vanilla Cupcake
Oh yes, I want this bad boy in my appartment! The bath and body works candle is definitely a similar smell but there is something special about Yankee candles.
They have lots of new fresh scents being released and they do seem to be moving away from the sickly sweet scents. Here's their British website if anyone fancies perusing,
http://www.yankeecandle.co.uk/default.asp

I find it so annoying that smells are so strongly connected to memories and thoughts for me, gets bloody hard when you need to cut a smell out of your life. Oh well........

Take care and Ma salama for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments :)